The Newcomer Connections Settlement Team helps permanent residents settle successfully in southwestern New Brunswick. Our skilled and experienced settlement workers:
- Meet with newcomers to find out how best to help them
- Provide relevant information and guidance
- Provide relevant life skills training so that newcomers settle successfully in the community
- Refer newcomers to services and programs that are useful to them
- Connect newcomers to the community
- Help newcomer children to register at and settle into their new school and community
The dedicated members of our settlement team work with newcomer clients to create a settlement plan – a detailed description of a person’s goals in various areas of life – and then work together to determine the steps needed to achieve those goals.